Excursion / Transfers
All the Marine Parks are easily accessible by boat, while Port-Launay can also be reached on foot. Local tour operators, yachts and boat charters are tasked with providing daily excursions and the transfer of visitors to these areas.
All the official Nature trails are open to visitors. Visiting the trails are free except for Copolia Trail on Mahe which is Rs100 entrance fee for non-citizen above 12 years.
The Veuve Reserve on La Digue is easily accessible and entrance fee is R150 for unguided visits and R200 for guided tours, for non-citizen above 12 years.
- All the Marine National Parks are open daily from 0800 - 1700, including public holidays.
- Veuve Reserve opens from 0900-1700, Monday to Saturday. Close Sunday and Public Holidays.
- Copolia Trail opens 0800-1600, 7days a week except on public holidays.
All non-residents entering any of the marine national parks must be in possession of a valid entry ticket.
(Please note this is not a landing fee, fee applicable once within park boundary)
Tickets must be retained and surrendered on requests by park rangers performing routine patrols. Visitors booking through tour operators normally have entry fees included in the package.
- Entry Fee: SCR200 (except Curieuse which is SCR300) or equivalent per day per non-resident visitor above 12yrs. Children under the age of 12 are admitted free of charge.
- Mooring Fee: SCR250 per yacht for overnight mooring.
- Filming Fee: Film crews and professional photographers are liable to a US$200 fee. However, written permission must be sought from the Management prior to any commercial filming.
Cash in Seychelles Rupees (though other major currencies are accepted – US$, Euro (€), UK£).
Visa cards accepted.
Marine Park Tickets can be purchased at the following outlets:-
- Online from our website. (strongly encouraged)
- Port-Launay/Baie Ternay: with rangers on duty (0800hrs - 1600hrs) daily
- Curieuse: with rangers on duty (0800hrs - 1700hrs) daily
- Ile Coco: with rangers on duty (0800hrs - 1700hrs) and SNPA kiosk on La Digue Jetty (0800hrs - 1700hrs) daily
- Masons Travel/ Creole Travel - cater only for their guests/visitors.
- Ste Anne: can be obtained from SNPA headquarters, Orion Mall,Victoria (Monday to Friday, 0800hrs - 1600hrs) or from ranger on duty (0700hrs - 1700hrs) daily
- Copolia Trail tickets can be purchased at the entrance of the trail at Sans Soucis, Mahe
- Veuve Reserve ticket can be purchased at the reserve.
Access to the following areas is prohibited :-
Northern coast of Curieuse including Anse Badamier
Nesting beaches of Ste.Anne (Grand Anse, Gran Manon,Petit Manon, Anse Cimitière)
As you explore these protected areas, please help us to keep them special by complying with park regulations:
- Please pay entry fees
- Anchor in designated areas if possible, or else on the sand bottom so as not to damage the reef.
- Watch for swimmers and snorkelers when operating boats.
- Water skiing, speed-boat racing or any motorised water sports are all prohibited.
- Do not carry a spear gun, fishing gear, or fish traps within the park’s vicinity.
- Respect all marine life. Do not fish or collect shells, plants, corals or other aquatic life.
- Take your litter home with you.
Services & Facilities
Guided tours are available at the Veuve Reserve.
The Curieuse Marine Park is equipped with BBQ grills for use by visitors at a fee.
There is no overnight accommodation for tourists. However, full accommodation facilities exist on Curieuse for scientists or groups of researchers.
- Hire of boats/ equipment - Boat hire available at SCR250 per trip
No such facilities exist within the marine parks.